Empowering people at the end of life
Find out about end of life planning and understand your rights.
When family, friends and medical staff know what is important to you, this can help you have a good death.
Our keynote speaker is Doctor Philip Hartropp, a retired Cambridgeshire GP, who works hard to improve care for people and their families at the end of life.
He will be talking about being in charge of how you die.
- Power of Attorney - appointing someone to make decisions for you if you are not able to make them for yourself.
- The Mental Capacity Act - protecting people who may not have the ability to make their own decisions about their care and treatment.
- Safe and Secure - a guide from the Thera Trust on setting up support for the person you care for so they are looked after, after you have died.
- Supporting someone at the end of their life by Skills for Care.
- There will be an information marketplace.
- Refreshments will be served throughout the day by Turtle Dove Cambridge.
- A free lunch is included - please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions.
- Speech-to-Text Reporting and British Sign Language Interpreters are both available.
About the Partnership Boards
This event is organised by the Cambridgeshire Partnership Boards, supported by our Healthwatch.
The Partnership Boards are funded by Cambridgeshire County Council. They are a place where service users can feedback on health and care services to make them work better for the people who use them.
- The Carers' Partnership Board
- Physical Disability and Sensory Impairment Partnership Board
- Learning Disabilities' Partnership Board
- Older People’s Partnership Board (65+)
To book your place
- Office: 0330 355 1285
- Text: 0752 0635 176