Making decisions about your medicine
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) has published guidelines on the safe and effective use of medicines. One of the key principles is that you should be involved in decisions about the medicines you are prescribed.
NICE has suggested some questions you may wish to ask when discussing your medicines or condition with your care team. These include:
- How often should my medicines be reviewed?
- Who sees the information about the medicines I am taking or using?
- What are the benefits of using a self-management plan?
- Can you tell me more about using patient decision aids?
- What do I do if I think I no longer need to take a medicine that I am prescribed