What would you do to improve health services in Cambridgeshire?
The NHS is developing a local plan and needs your help.
With growing pressure on the NHS – an ageing population, more people living with long-term conditions, and lifestyle choices affecting people’s health – changes are needed to make sure everybody gets the support they need.
The NHS has produced a Long Term Plan, setting out all the things it wants health services to do better for people across the country. Now your local NHS needs to hear from you about what those changes should look like in our community.
The Long Term Plan sets out what the NHS wants to do better, including:
- Making it easier for people to access support closer to home and via technology.
- Doing more to help people stay well.
- Providing better support for people with cancer, mental health conditions, heart and lung diseases, and other long-term conditions.
- Providing better support for people as they get older and experience conditions such as dementia.
Sandie Smith, our Chief Executive, said
‘At Healthwatch we know that local health services work better when they are informed by the needs and opinions of local people.
'We are pleased that the plan will have an emphasis on mental health services, especially for children and young people, something that we know is important to our local communities.
'It is also good to see the emphasis on better support for people with long term conditions, and for all of us as we age.
'The people that design the system locally will be expected to build their plans around what you say.
It’s important that you share what will and won’t work for you and the people who are important to you.’
Share your ideas
Your local NHS needs to hear from you about what it should do to make care better for your community.
- Feedback online at https://www.healthwatch.co.uk/what-would-you-do
- BSL and Easy Read versions - https://www.healthwatch.co.uk/report/2019-03-12/what-would-you-do-alternative-formats
- Call us on 0330 355 1285
- Text us on 0752 0635 176
- Email us at email@example.com