Our visit reports
As a local Healthwatch we can carry our visits to local health and care services using our power to Enter and View. This is Healthwatch's legal right to visit places that provide publicly funded health or adult social care services, to see and hear how people experience those services. Each visit is carried out by a team of volunteer Authorised Representatives.
2017-2018 Care Home food and drink project
Being able to make choices about the food you eat and what you drink is important in enjoying life. This is as true for people who live in a care home as it is for any of us. But it isn't always as easy for care home residents to make the choices and eat the food that they want to eat, without proper help and support.
We wantd to know what local care homes were doing to make sure that people could choose from a healthy varied diet that meets their needs and cultural preferences, especially when increasing frailty and health problems can make eating and drinking harder.
- Keneydon House, Whittelsey - visited on 18 July 2017
- Rheola Care Centre, St Ives - viaited on 25 May 2017
Previous Enter and View project work
- Addenbrooke’s Emergency Department, Clinical Decision Unit and Ambulatory Care Unit - visited on 2 & 6 December 2016
- Hinchingbrooke Hospital Emergency Department - visited on 5 & 8 October 2016
- Addenbrooke's Outpatients' Department visits - visited 17, 17 & 18 March 2016