Reduction in fertility services consultation - Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group - Ends 12 June 2017
Tell the CCG what you think about their proposals to reduce access to fertility services locally.
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG has launched a consultation on proposals to stop routinely commissioning any specialist fertility services other than for two specified exceptions. The proposals in this consultation will affect patients registered at a GP practice in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG’s area.
Under the proposal, specialist fertility services will no longer be commissioned except for the following two exceptions:
- fertility preservation will be offered to patients undergoing cancer treatment, or who have a disease or a condition requiring medical or surgical treatment, that has a significant likelihood of making them infertile; and
- sperm washing will be provided to men who have a chronic viral infection - primarily HIV and whose female partner does not, where intrauterine insemination is being considered. This is a risk reduction measure to limit the transmission of a serious, pre-existing viral condition such as HIV to the woman and therefore, potentially, her unborn baby.
How to tell the CCG your opinions
- Read the policy and consultation documents online and fill in the survey here.
- You can get a paper copy of the consultation document from the CCG, or you may be able to pick one up in your local library or GP surgery. You can send it FREEPOST to
Freepost Plus RSCR-GSGK-XSHK,
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG,
Cambridge CB2 8FH
- Telephone the Communications and Engagement Team on 01223 725304 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can attend one of the public meetings detailed below and telling the CCG what you think:
- Thursday 11 May 2017: 6-7pm at The Boat House Business Centre, 1 Harbour Square, Wisbech PE13 3BH
- Monday 15 May 2017: 2-3pm and 6-7pm at The Fleet, Fleet Way, Peterborough PE2 8DL
- Monday 22 May 2017: 12.30-1.30pm at Central Library, 7 Lion Yard, Cambridge CB2 3QD
- Thursday 25 May 2017: 6-7pm at The Maltings, Ship Lane, Ely CB7 4BB
- Wednesday 7 June 2017: 6-7pm at The Meadows Community Centre, 1 St Catharine's Rd, Cambridge CB4 3XJ
- Thursday 8 June 2017: 6-7pm at Huntingdon Library, Princes Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3PA
The CCG will also attend other meetings organised by groups who are interested in these proposed changes. If you would like them to attend your meeting please call them on 01223 725304 or email them at email@example.com.
If you feel strongly about the future of these services, either becuase you think the idea of reducing the funding for them is a good idea or a bad idea, please share your opinions with us as well. We will be formally responding to this consultation and will use what we hear from local people to help us do this. Our formal response will be published as part of the consultation responses by the CCG, and this will be seen by the senior leaders when they make their decision.