Healthwatch visits Addenbrookes outpatients
In March 2016, our volunteers visited Addenbrookes Hospital to talk to people about their experiences of outpatient appointments. This is something the hospital asked us to help them with, to help improve people’s experiences of care. We visited three outpatient clinics, and talked to more than 200 people.
After our visit, we shared what we found out with the hospital. As a result, they:
- Have changed and improved the signage throughout the outpatient clinics.
- Have arranged for a drinks and snacks trolley to visit the outpatient clinics.
- Are looking at different ways of contacting patients about appointments. This includes text messaging and email. They are also looking at introducing a patient portal, so people can manage their own appointments online.
- Are piloting an outpatients’ helpline in a number of clinics.
- Are looking at our other ideas for improvements.