Making care more equal
Our Healthwatch is working on a project with the local NHS to help them tackle health inequalities. They want to find out what makes it harder for some people to get the care they need.
Tackling health inequalities is one of the top priorities for our local NHS and care services.
About the workshops
We are running targeted focus groups to listen to the views of Gypsy and Traveller communities, people whose first language isn't English and rough sleepers.
And three general focus groups open to anyone who lives in Cambridge, South or East Cambridgeshire.
Join one of our focus groups and help the NHS and other services make care more equal for people in your community.
- Focus group open to everyone on Monday 22 August, 10.30am to -12.30pm at the Children’s Centre, Pratt Street, Soham, CB7 5BH
- Focus group for people whose first language isn't English on Wednesday 24 August, 5:30 to 7:30pm at The Meadows Community Centre, 1 St Catherine's Road, Cambridge, CB4 3XJ
- Focus group open to everyone on Monday 5 September, 10:30am to 12:30pm the Free Church, High Street, Sawston, Cambridge, CB22 3BG
- Focus group for rough sleepers on Tuesday 6 September, 1:30 to 3:00pm at The Lighthouse Centre, 11-13 Lynne Road, Ely, CB7 4EG
- Focus group open to everyone on Wednesday 7 September, 5:30 to 7:30pm at East Barnwell Community Centre, Newmarket Rd, Cambridge, CB5 8RS
- Focus group for Gypsies and Travellers - time and venue to be confirmed
We will follow public health advice to help keep you safe from Covid-19 at our event. This includes making sure our venue is well ventilated and that you are able to socially distance from others.
Please don’t come to this event if you have any symptoms of Covid-19 or have tested positive in the ten days before the event.
How to book
Please click the link below to book a place.
You can also call our office on 0330 355 1285 or text 0752 0635 176 to book your place.
You will get a free £20 Love2Shop voucher as a thank you for taking part.
Let us know if you need information in a different format or extra support to join our meeting, for example a British Sign Language Interpreter.