This Board is Chaired by leaders of the Speak Out Council.
Other members of the Board include:
- Individuals with a Learning Disability and People on the Autistic Spectrum
- Family Carers – of people with a Learning Disability and People on the Autistic Spectrum
- Advocates – for people with Learning Disabilities and People on the Autistic Spectrum. These are the Speak Out Leaders from the Speak Out Council, run by a local charity, VoiceAbility. Speak Out Leaders work in different areas of the county to talk to and listen to other people with learning disabilities or who are on the autistic spectrum. Speak Out Leaders then report to the Board about what they have been told.
- Organisations – that support work with individuals with a Learning Disability and People on the Autistic Spectrum such as Red2Green and Thera.
- Statutory Services – The Learning Disability Partnership which is made up of people from Cambridgeshire County Council and the NHS.
The Boards aspire to have 50% of members who are service users and for a service user representative to be the Chairperson.
The Chairs of the Partnership Boards attend the Adult Social Care Forum. This is a meeting organised by Cambridgeshire County Council which is Chaired by the Principal Social Worker. It allows the Boards, and other partner organisations, to communicate directly with the senior management of Adult Social Care.
Healthwatch organises the Board meetings as well as providing support and training (as appropriate) to the service user representatives, to help them excel in their roles.
Click here to learn more about getting involved with care and support services with Cambridgeshire County Council