These are among the top findings in a our new report highlighting the choices for people approaching or planning end of life care.
The report, Empowering People at End of Life, showed that people living in Cambridgeshire were:
- not comfortable talking about death
- confused by the language and the steps they needed to take
- turned down by family members who often said it was “too soon” when trying to start end of life conversations.
People said they want
- Practical, easy-to-understand information
- An idea of what to discuss with their partners and families
- Simple explanations of legal processes and costs.
Findings from our report have been shared with Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group’s End of Life working group.
We have also made a list of local resources that empower people at the end of life for our Information Service.
Share your story too
Did you miss the End of Life event? It's not too late to tell us about your experiences and ideas.
Help make your local NHS better for everyone in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough by sharing your views with us.
Call 0330 355 1285
Text 0752 0635 176