Due to the coronavirus crisis, our face to face engagement activities have been cancelled until further notice. But you may still be able to help in project work that you can do from home.
Why volunteer with us?
- Make a difference in your local community by giving people the opportunity to speak up about their health and social care
- Make new friends as you become part of the Healthwatch team
- Boost your CV as you develop new skills and confidence in the workplace
- We offer full training and support all backed by our new Investing in Volunteers UK quality standard for good practice in volunteer management
- Use your skills to contribute to the success of Healthwatch across Cambridgeshire.
I love it because ...
Jane Garside began volunteering with us because she wanted to meet people and liked the social aspect of the role.
She's talked to people about health and care at all manner of engagement events and venues, ranging from rock festivals to hospitals and care homes.
"I've been volunteering for about six years and during that time I have learned so much, particularly about health conditions including dementia.
"I would encourage people to get involved with Healthwatch because for me, it has been a very positive experience."
We could not do the amount of work that we do without our enthusiastic team of volunteers. They're invaluable in helping us collect people's experiences of local services across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.